Invisalign - Yorba Linda, CA
Straightening your teeth contributes to a confident smile and improves oral health. When misalignment is present, it not only causes unnecessary stress when biting and chewing but it can lead to other dental issues. Mission Dental proudly offers Invisalign to Yorba Linda patients who want to improve the aesthetics of their smile without wearing silver metal brackets. Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that lets you straighten your teeth quickly and conveniently without affecting your lifestyle. As a leading Invisalign provider in Yorba Linda, Dr. Boghawala uses this clear aligner procedure to correct smiles and achieve the smile of your dreams.
Correcting Mild To Moderate Malocclusion Discreetly With Invisalign
Invisalign aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option that are worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
Instead of relying on brackets and wires, Invisalign® clear braces utilize a series of clear acrylic aligners that are designed to gently guide your teeth into proper alignment. Rather than periodically tightening your braces as treatment progresses, simply switch your aligners as directed (typically every two weeks) to keep making progress toward a straighter, more symmetrical smile. The advanced technology used in planning and Invisalign® treatment can actually provide you with a digital preview of how your smile will look following treatment.
Invisalign aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With Invisalign aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly—this continues until you have achieved your final results, which typically ranges from 6 to 18 months.
You remove the Invisalign aligners for eating, drinking and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days.
Are You A Candidate For Yorba Linda Invisalign?
From beginning to end, Invisalign® treatment can last 12-18 months (similar to traditional orthodontics). The success of your treatment relies on several different factors, all of which we’ll carefully examine during your consultation to determine your candidacy:
- Are your teeth and gums healthy? – If you exhibit signs of a cavity or gingivitis in addition to your crooked teeth, then you might need treatment for the condition before you can begin your Invisalign® treatment. Ideally, your teeth and oral tissues should be in optimal health before we begin to realign them.
- Do you have any bite problems? – Besides the obvious effects of crooked teeth, tooth misalignment can also lead to several types of problems with your bite. For example, you might grind your teeth often, due to the imbalance; or experience pain and aching in your jaw joints – conditions that we’ll have to examine carefully before suggesting Invisalign® aligners.
- How severe are your crooked teeth? – While Invisalign® is highly effective at addressing most cases of malocclusion, some severe cases might require traditional orthodontic braces to correct them. During your exam, we’ll carefully diagnose your malocclusion and determine if Invisalign® will be successful at treating it.'
How does the Invisalign process work?
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, digital scans of your teeth and x-rays. Those records are sent to Invisalign with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. Invisalign will use the scans to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist office. You will wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 6 to 18 months, or the length of time determined by your dentist.
What are the differences between Invisalign and braces?
There are many differences between Invisalign and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of Invisalign to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Invisalign uses clear transparent aligners, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Invisalign aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Invisalign allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Invisalign aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Invisalign aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
Who can use Invisalign?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use Invisalign. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. Invisalign can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign. More extensive problems will require additional treatment.
Schedule A Consultation With Our Yorba Linda Invisalign Provider
To see if Invisalign clear aligners are the right option for you, contact our Yorba Linda Invisalign provider today. We look forward to meeting you!