Dental Emergencies - Yorba Linda, CA
Dental issues and accidents can happen at any time. Sometimes they require immediate treatment, and when that is the case, we are here to assist. If you are searching for an emergency dentist in Yorba Linda, we are your solution.
Our experienced and knowledgeable team knows that a dental emergency is never easy, but we are here to get you as comfortable as quickly as possible. We offer affordable, emergency dental care that will get you back to everyday life as soon as possible. We reserve space in our schedule to accommodate your dental emergency the same day you notify us, and we will work diligently to treat you quickly and comfortably.
What's Considered A Dental Emergency?
There is never a problem too big or too small for us to handle. Even if you’re considering whether or not to come in for a minor emergency, we can get you in to be seen to put your mind at ease. Some of the most common emergencies that are seen include:
- Pain, abscesses and infections
- Lost restorations (bridges, crowns, veneers, fillings)
- Orthodontic emergencies (broken brackets, cracked aligners, loose wires)
- Broken or cracked prosthetic appliances (dentures and partials)
- Cracked, fractured, chipped or broken teeth
Tips For Dealing WIth Common Dental Emergencies
- Broken or missing crown or filling: It is unlikely that the restoration can be reused, but please save it if possible. Do not attempt to glue or reattach the dental filling or dental crown.
- Broken or knocked out teeth: If you have a broken or knocked out tooth, please contact our office immediately. Retrieve the tooth, if possible, holding it by the crown (the part that is normally exposed in your mouth). You may gently rinse the tooth with water to remove dirt, but do not scrub or remove any tissue fragments that may be attached. The ADA recommends storing the tooth in a small container with your own saliva or milk. Teeth have the greatest chance of being replaced in the socket within one hour of being knocked out. If it cannot be saved, our practice offers a full range of restorative dentistry services such as dental implants or dental bridges.
- Tooth Pain: One of the most common oral health concerns is a sudden toothache or tooth pain. There are a number of things that cause a toothache, our first suggestion may be to try brushing or flossing around the tooth to remove any trapped food or other particles. You may also try rinsing with warm water or a diluted salt solution.
- Broken Dentures or Broken Bridge: If possible, save the broken denture or bridge and bring it with you to your appointment. In some cases, dentures and bridges can be repaired. We will evaluate your denture or bridge and make the best recommendation for repair or replacement
Contact Our Yorba Linda Emergency Dentist
Dr. Boghawala sets aside special time for emergency patients so we can get you in as quickly as possible. Contact us now so we can book the earliest possible appointment for you. We are your Yorba Linda emergency dentist, and we are here for you!